get a grip

garance dore

Why does everything look so easy on the runway? I love clutches, they're so much fun, especially in the day time, because they always throw people. They might not be totally practical, but they're definitely elegant and sophisticated, and they add a touch of glamour to every outfit. But, and I can say this from personal experience and much trial and error, they are definitely not easy to carry. The Celine show always makes it look so simple and chic. Just casually grip the sucker and saunter down the runway. But let me tell you, when those bags are filled with all your crap - phone, keys, lipstick, mirror, wallet, diary, camera, pens, etc etc - that slipper leather will become your worst nightmare. I've dropped clutches more times that I care to say, and I don't even carry them by hand, I tuck them into the crook of my elbow. Even there, your arm gets sore after a little while, and you miss the freedom of your arm.

I guess in small doses the clutch can be fantastic. And I've sort of found a solution - my American Apparel large and in charge clutch is so damn big I can hug it to my chest like a folder or something. I'm not sure this would work with other styles, and whether or not the Celine gods would approve of such methods of coping, but it definitely rests your poor arm, and doesn't look half bad either...

cut knees

X
You have read this article bags / celine / fashion shows / garance dore / london fashion week / me / paris fashion week with the title get a grip. You can bookmark this page URL http://startthefire-cafagesta.blogspot.com/2011/03/get-grip.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...