style tribes


garance dore

How could this not make you want a pair of prism sunglasses? A girl wearing a pair of crystal grey London lunettes came into work the other day and I almost tripped over my skirt running after her asking her where she got them from. I know you can buy them from Belinda and the Corner Shop, but I never know if it would be cheaper to buy them online. What I love about this picture is how Garance has captured that idea of style tribes. Friends are often tied together by their difference - at least that's what I love about my group of friends. I have a friend who is super girly and fun, another who is more sardonic and bookish, one who is pint-sized and out of control and another who is willowy and graceful and totally glamorous. Each of us belong to a different style tribe. I love how we can all go out together and look completely different - some in frou frou dresses, others in sleek separates, me in my borrowed from the boys tux - and yet still get along so well. In Australia it's not uncommon to see hoardes of cookie cutter friends in same-same Supre outfits running around together. I kind of love that my friends and I are so different - some of my friends aren't even into fashion at all. It means that we can just be together and enjoy each others company for what it is, that is to say, each other. We're not friends because we think we should be because we have the same taste. Difference brings us closer.

So, if you're glamorous, eccentric, or classic, always remember you've got each other to keep you together... and a pair of prism glasses.

X
You have read this article fashion / friends / garance dore with the title style tribes. You can bookmark this page URL http://startthefire-cafagesta.blogspot.com/2011/03/style-tribes.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...